1968 Mustang Door Panels fit on a 1967 Door Without Modifications.

I'm going to start a small blog, only posting things I couldn't find after extensive internet searches to help others with their projects. So here is my first post.

It was obvious the 1967-1968 Mustangs shared doors (though '68s do have additional cutouts at the bottom), but with the significantly different door handles I was expecting to at least have to modify the holes using the 1968 Mustang door panels on the 1967, however both the door handle and window roller holes do line up exactly for the 1967 hardware.

Most of my interior is from TMI already, so I ordered a set of their 1968 deluxe door panels in black.

They showed up in good shape, I test fit them after removing the arm rest hardware for the 1967 deluxe interior, and while I'll have to cheat them as far back in the door as I can get away with, you can see the hole line up exactly for the door handle and window roller!


I recently replaced the cotton and burlap mess of padding in the rear seats with upholstery foam since no one sells this, my next post will hopefully cover that process enough anyone else that is interested can handle it themselves. I hope you find answers you're looking for and can make choices with less worry for your own projects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insulating (Dynamat) the Inside of the Doors (1967 Mustang)